Redesigned by world-renowned architect Rees Jones, the 18-hole championship course is set among gentle rolling hills with dramatic vistas in a number of directions. Par is 72. The unique balance of challenging golf and beautiful settings energizes players. Incorporating mature hardwood trees, lakes and a meandering stream, Mr. Rees Jones designed a course that fits the natural terrain accented with his trademark green complexes.
Measuring nearly 7,100 yards from the championship tees, Lakewood is a stern test for the expert golfer, yet, thanks to five sets of tees, is an opportunity for maximum enjoyment of the game by all skill levels. The newly installed Better Billy Bunker System® enhances the magnificent scenery while increasing challenge and fairness for players.
“Fairways and Greens” in the Classic Tradition
Fairways feature an adequate amount of open space to facilitate ease of play and are lined with both young and mature trees. Creeping bent grass is used from tee to green. A paved golf cart trail is provided throughout.
Venue for Champions
- Host 2011 Middle Atlantic Amateur
- Host 2013, 2015 US Amateur Qualifier
- Host 2014 Maryland State Open
- Host 2016 Washington Metropolitan Amateur
Overlook with a View
From the clubhouse patios, the action on several magnificent holes can be viewed, even in the fabulous “19th hole” straddling numbers 9 and 10.
Practice. Practice. Practice.
Lakewood County Club's practice facility includes an expansive driving range, large putting green and short-game practice area. Some details:
- 32,000 sq. ft. practice tee with bent and Bermuda grass
- 17,000 sq. ft. short game area accommodating shots ranging from 10-50 yards, along with a bunker with 3 different pin positions for targeting
- 10,000 sq. ft. practice green with many slopes and hole locations
- 12,000 sq. ft. bent grass private lesson tee for personalized instruction
Major events for the year, Opening Day, Member-Guest, Member-Member, Club Championship, Closing Day